Those Slow Midweeks

In a welcome change from what I’ve been doing for the past few days, I actually managed to wake up early, which meant I was able to bath, get changed, and eat breakfast at a leisurely pace.  And while it started to rain just as I was about to set out, it started to peter out once I was close to the MRT station, so I found bringing an umbrella with me to be mostly a waste.

As for the shift itself, I was afraid that it’d be wall-to-wall calls, but it was mostly an unfounded fear.  Despite being on merchant and membership duties for the whole day (which I was thankful for, again), I don’t even think the queue spiked once during the whole time I was at the office.  That was pleasant, to say the least.

Despite it being intermittently rainy during the morning, there wasn’t any rain to be had at the end of the shift, though it was cloudy for the rest of the afternoon.  Needless to say, I was able to arrive at our neighborhood without much incident.  I didn’t go home straight though — had to make a detour to pay off the phone bill for the month.  My savings wasn’t happy about that, for sure.

Here’s to hoping tomorrow brings more of the same.

P.S. Today’s the birthday of one of my closest childhood friends, who died before I stepped into high school.  I’ve been alive for twice as long as hes’ been gone now, and there’s a little part of me that wondered what might have happened had he survived his illness.  What would he think of, for example, how his sister’s now part of my family, having married one of my distant cousins?  I can’t help but wonder really.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s