Hurrying Up To Wait

As I intended, I set out today to see about getting my new NBI clearance processed. With the online registration number in hand, as well as the IDs that I needed, I headed off to Robinsons Galleria… Only to find a huge crowd already gathered outside of it, waiting for the mall to open.  It was still around forty-five minutes before ten o’clock (the mall’s opening hour), so there was nothing I could do but wait. So I did, and all the while the crowd grew larger and larger… When the time finally came, there was no mad scramble inside, but one had a feeling of a mass of people being funneled into an opening that could realistically only fit two persons side-by-side.

In any case, there was still a bit of a rush, but only once inside the mall proper. As for me, I got to the NBI place, and got a queue number… except since it was 163, it meant that, at the latest, I’d get serviced at around one in the afternoon.  Not good, especially when I learned there that my school ID might not be accepted as a valid ID, and the only other one I had with me was my passport.  

So I left my place, then rushed back home (in the process getting caught by a powerful rain squall), at which I headed to our barangay hall to get a barangay permit. After that (and a brief stop at the house for brunch, as I hadn’t eaten before I left), it was back to Robinson’s Galleria.  When I got there, the number range being serviced was in the 160 to 200 range, but in my case I could just get in line for the payment.

Except after that, there was still biometrics to be done, and seeing the long line to it, I figured that I’d best skip it for now, as I had a job offering interview that I needed to go to at Makati.

So I headed there as fast as I could… but when I arrived there, they told me to wait.  So I did.  Then I got informed that, they wouldn’t able to process the actual job interview until around four.  It was past two that point, so I figured, eh I might as well.

So I waited some more.

Guess when I, as well as a few others, finally got called for the job offer proper? Around seven in the evening.  By that point, I was already shaking with hunger, that I didn’t really care anymore for the details. I just wanted it done, so I could go home and eat already.

Hunger aside though, I did pay attention to some important details, like how the training proper itself would last for six months, at which we’d take the certification exam for Series 6 and Series 63.  Only then would we be put on the phones when we pass.  Oh, and after that, we had to stay with the company at least a year and a half, else we’d be forced to pay a hefty bond fee.

But like I said, I didn’t care at that point. I was hungry, I needed work, and the work location was convenient.  So I signed.

Needless to say, by the time I got home, I sort of gorged myself on the food on the table, despite the fact it was only two pieces of dinaing na bangus.

Tomorrow it’s back to Ortigas, to follow up on the NBI clearance of course (which I already paid, so I’d be extremely ticked off if I had to do everything all over again), as well as take the medical examination for the company (as the clinic is in the same general area).  Going to be a busy week, trying to get the requirements that I need done, and maybe follow up on my back pay from my previous employment…

Anime Watched: Sabagebu, two weeks’ worth.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s